Call for Special Session Proposals (Download PDF Version)
Special sessions supplement the regular program for PCM 2012. They are intended to cover new and emerging topics in the fields of multimedia. Each special session should provide an overview of the state of the arts and highlight important research directions in a field of special interest to PCM participants. It should be a focused effort rather than defined broadly.
Each special session should consist of at least 5 oral papers. It is encouraged that the session begins with an overview paper on the topic being addressed and that the remaining papers follow up with technical contributions on the topic.
The following information should be included in the proposal:
• Title of the proposed special session;
• Names and affiliations of the organizers (including brief bios and contact info);
• Session abstract;
• List of authors committed to submit paper (including a tentative title and a 300-word abstract for each paper).
The session abstract should answer the following three questions:
• Motivation: why is this topic important for organizing a special session in PCM’12?
• Objective: who will be interested to submit papers?
• Target audience and key message: what can the attendees learn from this special session?
This is a competitive call. Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic and relevance to PCM, as well as the qualification of the organizers and quality of papers in the proposed session.
Special Session Proposal Due: April 30, 2012
Notification of Proposal Acceptance: May 20, 2012
Special Session Paper Submission: June 25, 2012
Notification of Paper Acceptance: August 10, 2012
Camera-Ready Paper Due: August 30, 2012
To submit special session proposals or for additional information regarding the special sessions, please contact the Special Session Chairs: Prof. Shuicheng Yan (email@example.com) and Prof. Junsong Yuan (firstname.lastname@example.org).