Power Saving Mechanisms
- Mobiles are powered by batery with limited capacity
- Radio transmission is very power consuming
- Power-aware or power-efficient protocol design can significantly increase the operation time of mobiles
Scalable Routing in MANET
- Every node maintains the link state information within the group, hence the routing table is scalable
- Communication occurs only between group leaders, reducing the routing overheads
- Applicable to large size networks
Can be used in networks with high mobility
Fairness & Qos issues
To provide fairness and QoS under
- Hidden-terminal problem in multihop scenario
- Error and fading conditions
- Network topology changes due to high mobility
Securing Location-based Routing
- Routing security is an important issue
- Most research is based on topology-based routing protocols such as DSR, AODV, etc.
- Previous work on location-based routing assumes a trusted environment
Multicast in MANET
Our objective is to design a multicast protocol for MANET with following improvements
- Enhanced efficiency in packet delivery
- Adaptability to failure, mobility, partitions, etc.
- Support for different QoS classes
Qos Through Multi-path Discovery
To address QoS-aware Routing issues such as
- How to establish routes that meets QoS criteria?
- How to find multiple path with node disjoint?
- How to effectively estimate the available bandwidth and delay per hop?